HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 20, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #11,898 of 11,921
Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #11,899 of 11,921
Whenever I listen to Rock music with my Arya Stealth, typically Dream Theater, I feel something odd.
It sounds very well when I play sound track(Hans Zimmer), classical music. But I don't feel the same thing when I play
Dream theater. So... I think,, maybe Dynamic headphones will be better for this type of music like Focal ones.
Do you feel the same thing when you play Rock music?

May 20, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #11,900 of 11,921
Whenever I listen to Rock music with my Arya Stealth, typically Dream Theater, I feel something odd.
It sounds very well when I play sound track(Hans Zimmer), classical music. But I don't feel the same thing when I play
Dream theater. So... I think,, maybe Dynamic headphones will be better for this type of music like Focal ones.
Do you feel the same thing when you play Rock music?
I have a set of V1 or V2. I find that they are Very unforgiving. I did not like them on a tube amp or with any noisy music. Clear music, be it rock, pop or jazz sounds amazing, but stuff like St. Vincent, Nine Inch Nails, etc. is not pleasant to me.

I am in the process of buying a new to me amp called the Linear from Lehmann Audio. I think it's neutral/natural sound might work very well with the Arya's. He said hopefully. :smile:

May 20, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #11,901 of 11,921
I have a set of V1 or V2. I find that they are Very unforgiving. I did not like them on a tube amp or with any noisy music. Clear music, be it rock, pop or jazz sounds amazing, but stuff like St. Vincent, Nine Inch Nails, etc. is not pleasant to me.

I am in the process of buying a new to me amp called the Linear from Lehmann Audio. I think it's neutral/natural sound might work very well with the Arya's. He said hopefully. :smile:
Recently I changed to SPL Marc One(Audio interface + headphone Amp class AB) and I'm really satisfied with the result for both Speaker(Focal Alpha 50 Evo) and Headphone(Arya).

May 20, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #11,902 of 11,921
Hello owners of Arya Stealth. I'm conducting an investigation :). I want to find out what the real weight of the headphones from the first black box is. On this box, on the back side, the weight is indicated as 404 gr. And on a cardboard box, which, most likely, 90% of users have, 430 gr. Are there any owners of headphones with a black box? And can you weigh them on a scale without a cable? I will be very grateful. The weight of the headphones from the cardboard box matches the stated one, I have already found out). It remains to be seen if hifiman made a mistake with the weight of the headphones from the black box.

Arya.png
Arya stealth.png
s-l1600.jpg

May 20, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #11,903 of 11,921
Hello owners of Arya Stealth. I'm conducting an investigation :). I want to find out what the real weight of the headphones from the first black box is. On this box, on the back side, the weight is indicated as 404 gr. And on a cardboard box, which, most likely, 90% of users have, 430 gr. Are there any owners of headphones with a black box? And can you weigh them on a scale without a cable? I will be very grateful. The weight of the headphones from the cardboard box matches the stated one, I have already found out). It remains to be seen if hifiman made a mistake with the weight of the headphones from the black box.

I own a set of V1/V2's and here they are in metric and imperial:
IMG_20240520_180845894.jpg
IMG_20240520_180825278.jpg
This scale only goes two two digits past the decimal. So they are 410-419 grams.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #11,904 of 11,921

Arya.pngArya stealth.pngs-l1600.jpg
Mine are exactly 440.9 grams

May 21, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #11,905 of 11,921
Hello owners of Arya Stealth. I'm conducting an investigation . I want to find out what the real weight of the headphones from the first black box is. On this box, on the back side, the weight is indicated as 404 gr. And on a cardboard box, which, most likely, 90% of users have, 430 gr. Are there any owners of headphones with a black box? And can you weigh them on a scale without a cable? I will be very grateful. The weight of the headphones from the cardboard box matches the stated one, I have already found out). It remains to be seen if hifiman made a mistake with the weight of the headphones from the black box.:)

Thanks! Do you have a black box like in my first two screenshots?
I own a set of V1/V2's and here they are in metric and imperial:

This scale only goes two two digits past the decimal. So they are 410-419 grams.
Thanks! Do you have a black box like in my first two screenshots? and what does set v1/v2 mean? :)

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #11,907 of 11,921
Ok so after spending a few days with my Organics (and loving every minute of it!) I do think that the treble can definitely use some taming sometimes.

I've been listening using my RME ADI-2 as my dac and powering the Organics from a Schiit Magni 3 or even straight from the RME (my 789 sounded terrible, as expected). The sound is nice and big but when I raise the volume I get some treble harshness and maybe a bit of distortion here and there (not entirely sure about that though).

I almost pulled the trigger on an open box EF600 at the store yesterday but I didn't because after listening to it I wasn't entirely sure if it was worth the asking price (770 euros with a balanced XLR cable) and wanted to explore a few more options before committing. So, which of the following would ensure I'm getting the most out of my Organics while also taming the treble a little:

Upgrade the Magni 3 to a Class A amp: Since my budget is around 800 euros I was looking into the Aune S17 Pro (cost is 600 euros) but other recommendations within budget are welcome. The RME would remain on DAC duty. There are no second hand options for higher quality gear in my country, unfortunately, and I'm not sure I want to buy second hand from abroad.

Upgrade to a DAC/AMP just for the Organic: That would be either the EF600 (cost 770 euros with xlr cable), the Lyr 3 + multibit module (cost around 1k euros which is way out of budget but would consider it if it's recommended enough for the Organics) or the the Chord Mojo 2 (cost 500 euros but would that even be an upgrade?). Maybe also Ifi Neo iDSD but not sure if that would be a good pairing.

Do nothing and buy more headphones/IEMs :D

May 21, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #11,908 of 11,921
Итак, проведя несколько дней с моей органикой (и наслаждаясь каждой минутой!) Я действительно думаю, что высокие частоты определенно могут быть немного укрощены иногда.

Я слушал, используя свой RME ADI-2 в качестве ЦАП и питая Organics от Schiit Magni 3 или даже прямо от RME (мой 789, как и ожидалось, звучал ужасно). Звук приятный и мощный, но когда я увеличиваю громкость, я получаю некоторую резкость высоких частот и, возможно, немного искажений здесь и там (хотя я не совсем уверен в этом).

Вчера я чуть было не нажал на спусковой крючок на открытой коробке EF600 в магазине, но я этого не сделал, потому что, прослушав его, я не был полностью уверен, стоит ли он запрашиваемой цены (770 евро с балансным кабелем XLR), и хотел изучить еще несколько вариантов, прежде чем совершить покупку. Итак, что из перечисленного ниже гарантирует, что я получу максимальную отдачу от своей органики, а также немного укротите высокие частоты:

Обновите Magni 3 до усилителя класса А: Поскольку мой бюджет составляет около 800 евро, я рассматривал Aune S17 Pro (стоимость 600 евро), но другие рекомендации в рамках бюджета приветствуются. RME останется на дежурстве DAC. К сожалению, в моей стране нет секонд-хенда для более качественного снаряжения, и я не уверен, что хочу покупать секонд-хенд из-за границы.

Переход на ЦАП/усилитель только для Organic: это будет либо EF600 (стоит 770 евро с кабелем xlr), либо многобитный модуль Lyr 3 + (стоит около 1 тыс. евро, что выходит за рамки бюджета, но рассмотрим его, если он будет достаточно рекомендован для Organics) или Chord Mojo 2 (стоит 500 евро, но будет ли это вообще обновлением?). Может быть, также Ifi Neo iDSD, но не уверен, что это будет хорошим сочетанием.

Ничего не делать и купить больше наушников/наушников :D
AUNE 17Pro станет отличным выбором! Я знаю 3 человек, у которых есть Арья, и они используют s17pro. Это один из лучших усилителей на данный момент. Или вы можете взять серенаду Hifiman, которая не нуждается в дополнительных усилителях. Мощности с запасом хватает. Да и уровень звука просто замечательный и очень подходит для довольно ярких Arya, Arya organic и HE1000v2. Но для этого нужно будет продать RME, чтобы вписаться в бюджет :)

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #11,909 of 11,921
Thanks! Do you have a black box like in my first two screenshots?

Thanks! Do you have a black box like in my first two screenshots? and what does set v1/v2 mean? :)
Yes I do have a black box. V1/V2 are the earlier models. Mine are from 2020.

May 21, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #11,910 of 11,921
:расслабленный:
Да, у меня есть черный ящик. V1/V2 являются более ранними моделями. Мои 2020 года.
Stealth magnets version? Like in my first screenshot? If so, then the 410 grams that you indicated are very close (due to the error of the scales) to the stated 404 grams. It's a pity that I can't find this lighter version on the secondary market. For me, 30 extra grams in later versions can be a decisive factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back