The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 20, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #87,136 of 88,290
Bringing back some memories of this IEM which may have been forgotten. I left FAudio Dark Sky (I asked for the silver fp version) alone for a long long time, and was thinking of selling it. But listening to it, I’m pleasantly surprised, for the technicalities at this price point (proficient range of spectrum and cohesive, very non-fatiguing) and the technology (single DD). I’m keeping it for now 🎈

Attachments

• IMG_9561.jpeg
    IMG_9561.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Apr 20, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #87,137 of 88,290
Ifi go pod, that's where the hardcore is. Full dual mono, including its own receiver, DAC and amp for each channel. Moreover, the amplifiers are built according to a balanced circuit. This is a new look...
Considered the Go Pods a while back, might be an excellent option. Would probably not use them with the Traillii Ti, however :D

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #87,138 of 88,290
Now, here's something new (just a teaser for now) to share with you all...
Croods.gif

Math is overrated anyway - at least on this thread where big numbers don't have any meaning and people choose by colour instead :wink:

drftr

So true and just for the record: my favorite colour is (and has always been) blue! :sweat_smile:

'Then: out of the blue
Love came rushing in...

20240419_165853.jpg

Out of the sky
Came the sun'

20240419_165543.jpg

Here's a live version of Roxy Musics 'Out of the Blue', in case you haven't heard it before...

Btw, if you don't have the patience to listen to the complete song, then at least skip to 2.55 and check that last part with the imo amazing electric violin performance. For me it fills the heart and soul with passion and excitement and that's also exactly the feeling that this new ciem (which I have received only 2 days ago) gives me, while listening to my music (incl. the latest album of Pearl Jam, which was mentioned before) at the moment.

There's also another HF member out there, who has received the same (though other design) ciem. He's a regular (which I'm afraid I'm not) in this thread, so I suppose that it will be only a matter of time before he shows up here with a post about his one. Probably the most special (sauce) ingredient is not even visible (let's call it 'hidden in plain sight') on the above pics. But imho one thing's for sure: the creator of this new ciem has put quite some work, high quality components (incl. some hand made parts) and passion into it! :)

All I can say for now is that I already love (and nope, it wasn't a coincidence that the picture on top was a heart shaped one) the sound of this ciem and hey, I haven't even started cable rolling yet :smile:

Cheers and have a great (with your own favorite music and gear) weekend!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #87,140 of 88,290
Any recommendations for live Roxy Music bootlegs or official shows, Erik? Tnx!

drftr

Nope, sorry man. I guess that I'm just not a bootlegs kinda guy :sweat_smile:

One funny annecdote that comes to mind though: in my 'puppy' days I went to Pandora's Box (some alternative indoor festival) in Rotterdam. During the Echo and the Bunnymen show (which contained a lot of Bob Dylan songs that evening to my surprise) I noticed a guy with a tapedeck and microphone, who was recording over there. I gave him my address and some money and a few days later he sent me some bootleg tapes of that evening. I really enjoyed those tapes at that time => some sweet musical memories!

Btw, the highlight of that wonderful evening was imo the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds performance. Back then he was also young and delivered a 'tornado' kind of show (such an impressive stage presence) as I had rarely seen before. He's still one of my favorite artists and he also still knows how to give an impressive show these days.

Just check this performance (especially the second half of it) in Copenhagen => I certainly love it! :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #87,141 of 88,290
Like to draw some attention to this review of the iBasso 3T154 from dear @twister6

https://twister6.com/2024/04/15/ibasso-3t-154/

A DD worth considering if you like single DD - you will have quite a hard time to better this 150 € gem if the natural and balanced tuning - as nicely described by @twister6 - matches your personal preferences...

And even if those preferences may usually be different - like mine - I at least enjoy to have the 3T154 for the sake of variety alone.... 😃

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #87,142 of 88,290
Any recommendations for live Roxy Music bootlegs or official shows, Erik? Tnx!

drftr
That video is from the Roxy Music: Live at The Apollo DVD from around 2001. Very highly recommended for any and all Roxy fans!

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #87,144 of 88,290
I’m in San Diego for another couple months, so if it happens, I’d love to try to join! After that I will be back in OC, which admittedly isn’t terribly
It'd be great to get one going maybe next month? I didn't do any of the coordinating last time so I'd be relying on other members here lol. But if it happens I'll be there in the corner with my iems among all the full can enthusiasts 😂

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #87,145 of 88,290
Added to my collection just now - tnx!
Do you know the story about Jerry Hall, Brian Ferry and Mick Jagger?

Ok, Mick Jagger "stole" her from Brian just a few months after they were engaged.

So, the funny part was...Mick Jagger was joking after he saved her from taking Brian's second name,
after which she would be called Jerry Ferry. :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Cheers!

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #87,146 of 88,290
It'd be great to get one going maybe next month? I didn't do any of the coordinating last time so I'd be relying on other members here lol. But if it happens I'll be there in the corner with my iems among all the full can enthusiasts 😂

Headphone or IEM, we are all just trying to maximize the enjoyment of the music!!

I don’t know who arranged it last time, we could start there?

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #87,148 of 88,290
Hisenior Mega5EST is one of my favorite IEMs under $1K, I recommend it if you want a tribrid allrounder with neutral warm tuning and okay technicalities.

This sounds like a perfectly reasonable assessment to me

This inspired me to dig my out my first. The camera that popped my photographer's cherry and taught me everything about light and exposure.

That is very nice! With film making a comeback, any temptation to shoot with it again?

Romeo’s another IEM which has delectable clarity. Well done, Riccardo :) Spoke to him during CJ SG and found his passion v engaging… he teaches a Chinese instrument, which may explain the sonority in Romeo’s treble

I'm pretty excited for this one! I haven't heard V2 yet, but the OG version at CanJam New York was already very special, especially from a spatial standpoint.

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #87,150 of 88,290
Headphone or IEM, we are all just trying to maximize the enjoyment of the music!!

I don’t know who arranged it last time, we could start there?
I believe @DenverW did a lot of the heavy lifting? Maybe he can get another thread going if he's able to coordinate again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back