Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 2, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #62,956 of 62,963
Jun 2, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #62,957 of 62,963
Here is my EQ, I am pretty bad in the upper frequencies so this might be a bit to aggressive, buy a good starting point. I personally find the XM5 a bit brighter than the XM4.

Here's what I run, after testing with a diy mic for FR.

Screenshot_20221128-134757.png

I prefer a DF neutral sound sig. Flat except for pinna gain of 8db around 2.5-3k is what I prefer.

Jun 2, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #62,958 of 62,963
The PNK have a nice refined sound. But for my tastes in music they are definitely a bit short in the bass impact and rumble department. A chunk of people would be fine with the Aviot bass depending on their music catalogue and personal tastes. I listen to a lot of beat driven music so that is what it is. When I A/B the Aviot with my other TWS, I do feel the Aviot are bringing something a bit better to the overall frequency range, but I'm missing that impact on the low end.
so what would you recommend for TWS with bass impact? MTW4? DPP?

Jun 2, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #62,960 of 62,963
Here's what I run, after testing with a diy mic for FR.

I prefer a DF neutral sound sig. Flat except for pinna gain of 8db around 2.5-3k is what I prefer.

Giving your setting a whirl and that makes these sound more like the Elite 10 but with a bit more warmth. That brings Patricia Barbers vocals right up to the edge of sibilant and all the delicate drumkit work in songs from Smash right up to where they should all be.

Thanks for sharing that! I guess I like Pinna gain of 8 in that 3K region too! :). Might bump the bass 1 notch up, will see.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #62,961 of 62,963
currently using Bose QC II earbuds for over a year. ANC is top notch and no problems with the fit. but that's about it. app is unreliable until now for iOS/Android and can't really use for phone calls unless on a quiet environment. after a thorough research, i was considering the ff:

sennheiser MTW4 - bad experience with the mtw 3, after 2 months or so left earbud died
Sony XM5 - bad experience with XM4, after update battery got ruined
Devialet Gemini II - bad experience with the 1st gen, update ruined the earbuds
Technics eah-az80 - almost $400. had az70 before and sold it. didn't have any problems
Bose QC Ultra - same as QC II, phone call did not improve. tried the demo version on the store and made a phone call.
Jabra elite 10
Huawei Freebuds Pro 3

I was looking for a tws with good ANC and especially for phone calls and then for sound/music. I have wired iems for high fidelity.

Narrowed down my choices to: elite 10, FBP3 and az80. I might have bought the AZ80 if it not for the price and my reason was every 2 yrs.+ my TWS might need replacement.
I am happy and satisfied with my choices. As it stands my top choice for daily driver would be the Huawei freebuds pro 3. I had low expectations on the FBP3 because of the reviews but to my surprise I like the performance and prefer it over the elite 10. I thought the ANC is a bit better. fitment is perfect although I've no problems on the fitment of elite10 it just some more positioning to get a perfect seal . for me the SQ on the FBP3 is better than the elite 10. transparency on the FBP3 sounds natural with some white noise and also better than the elite 10. overall I am happy with both, might hand the elite 10 (cocoa) to my wife

Jun 3, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #62,962 of 62,963
currently using Bose QC II earbuds for over a year. ANC is top notch and no problems with the fit. but that's about it. app is unreliable until now for iOS/Android and can't really use for phone calls unless on a quiet environment. after a thorough research, i was considering the ff:

sennheiser MTW4 - bad experience with the mtw 3, after 2 months or so left earbud died
Sony XM5 - bad experience with XM4, after update battery got ruined
Devialet Gemini II - bad experience with the 1st gen, update ruined the earbuds
Technics eah-az80 - almost $400. had az70 before and sold it. didn't have any problems
Bose QC Ultra - same as QC II, phone call did not improve. tried the demo version on the store and made a phone call.
Jabra elite 10
Huawei Freebuds Pro 3

I was looking for a tws with good ANC and especially for phone calls and then for sound/music. I have wired iems for high fidelity.

Narrowed down my choices to: elite 10, FBP3 and az80. I might have bought the AZ80 if it not for the price and my reason was every 2 yrs.+ my TWS might need replacement.
I am happy and satisfied with my choices. As it stands my top choice for daily driver would be the Huawei freebuds pro 3. I had low expectations on the FBP3 because of the reviews but to my surprise I like the performance and prefer it over the elite 10. I thought the ANC is a bit better. fitment is perfect although I've no problems on the fitment of elite10 it just some more positioning to get a perfect seal . for me the SQ on the FBP3 is better than the elite 10. transparency on the FBP3 sounds natural with some white noise and also better than the elite 10. overall I am happy with both, might hand the elite 10 (cocoa) to my wife
Wow looks like you came to exactly the same conclusions as me.

Although I've recently now replaced my elite 10 with the LG t90s. But completely agree with your points👍👍. Freebuds Pro 3 are underrated beasts.. I do wonder how good thet sound when used with Huawei devices though and lossless is unlocked.

Jun 3, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #62,963 of 62,963
actually, i have the FBP 2 and it runs ldac 96/24 bit with no issue, i think you have to enable it from the AI LIfe app you download. havent tested if you can do it with the Bluetooth codec changer app.

I hear theres little improvement in sound quality from the FBP 2 to the FBP 3 but the call quality and ANC does improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back