The discovery thread!
May 6, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #100,681 of 102,103
Hello Friends,

What gear so far in 2024 has interested you guys the most?? I have created this video today where I discuss about the ones that I personally liked so far. i hope you guys watch the video, but for my friends who are not interested here are the names I mentioned in the video.

1. Kefine Delci
2. Artti R1 and T10
3. Letshuoer Cadenza4
4. Elysian Pilgrim
5. Cayin N3 Ultra

Thank you!!

I've only made a few purchases so far this year, but I'm enjoying them a ton.
  1. Dita Project M. Beautiful aesthetics. Perfectly curated set of accessories. Unique sound signature from the rest of my collection.
  2. Sony NW-ZX707 (JP). Warm and bassy. Outstanding battery life. Android 13. Small enough to pocket. Big enough to watch videos and browse the web.
  3. Symphonium Titan. Bassy. Clean. Smooth. That's their tagline and it's 100% accurate. It's my type of tuning and it could very well be my endgame..
..except there is no endgame in this hobby!

Here are a couple upcoming releases I'm looking forward to.
  1. Empire Ears Triton. Not much info available except it's a basshead IEM with a BC driver and it'll be more affordable than their recent releases. Whatever that means.
    1715045162696.png
  2. DUNU x Gizaudio DaVinci. My first IEM was the LETSHUOER x Gizaudio and it was a boring one. Hoping Timmy's collab with DUNU is a better one!
    1715045174778.png

May 6, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #100,682 of 102,103
Asos-Plus.jpg

Modular vs Fixed 4.4mm plugs - which camp are you in?

I just completed an interesting case study, comparing the fixed-plug Penon ASOS+ cable with the modular-plug ASOS. You can learn my findings in the review here. :smile:

Fixed. I like to make up my mind and stick to a decision.

May 6, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #100,683 of 102,103
I've only made a few purchases so far this year, but I'm enjoying them a ton.
  1. Dita Project M. Beautiful aesthetics. Perfectly curated set of accessories. Unique sound signature from the rest of my collection.
  2. Sony NW-ZX707 (JP). Warm and bassy. Outstanding battery life. Android 13. Small enough to pocket. Big enough to watch videos and browse the web.
  3. Symphonium Titan. Bassy. Clean. Smooth. That's their tagline and it's 100% accurate. It's my type of tuning and it could very well be my endgame..
..except there is no endgame in this hobby!

Here are a couple upcoming releases I'm looking forward to.
  1. Empire Ears Triton. Not much info available except it's a basshead IEM with a BC driver and it'll be more affordable than their recent releases. Whatever that means.
    1715045162696.png
  2. DUNU x Gizaudio DaVinci. My first IEM was the LETSHUOER x Gizaudio and it was a boring one. Hoping Timmy's collab with DUNU is a better one!
    1715045174778.png
I am also looking forward to the DaVinci man, I also lovd the project M as well haha

May 6, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #100,684 of 102,103
What are some of the best sub $500 IEMs from this year?
This category is actually quite booming up haha. here are my top favourites around this price.

1. Elysian Pilgrim(Detailed and Clean)
2. DUNU DaVinci(I heard both these at the CanJam and now i have a Pilgrim with me for review).
3. TSMR-X(Musical and fun).
4.Project M(Relaxing, Musical).
5. LETSHUOER Cadenza 4(detailed, crispy, good timbre).
6. NiceHCK Himalaya(clean sounding, Balanced profile, and excellent build).

May 6, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #100,686 of 102,103
How do you like it compared to something like the Origin? I haven’t heard that or the Oxygen but just curious.

I haven't tried Origin and Oxygen, unfortunately.

Haha! Think it was the smart @o0genesis0o who had once bought an extra-oiled cable and was unsurprisingly unsurprised at how it played out!

Luckily it was not oily :beyersmile:

Anyhow, it's cheap and okay, so I don't care.

May 6, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #100,687 of 102,103
Is Dunu Falcon Ultra shouty? Looking at the boost around 4k, dB level seems ok.
I had them for a while and they were not shouty to me at all. In fact if i had the funds i would have kept it coz i enjoyed it a lot.

May 6, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #100,689 of 102,103
Have you compared to it the Origin or Oriveti OD200? Currently looking at those three IEMs for a future purchase of a single DD with a smooth sound.
I did try the OD200 but didn't have them at the same time. To me the FU sounded better overall however it was a finicky fit to my ears. whereas the OD200 fits like a glove. I could never feel the enthusiasm around the OD200. Overall the FU was a more musical presentation. This is what i can remember from aural memory (stealing that one from @baskingshark )

May 6, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #100,690 of 102,103
new title, new avatar, new era

crap i post too much

heres to another 1500 more

May 7, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #100,691 of 102,103
May 7, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #100,692 of 102,103
TSMR-Feat.jpg

I've just received a pair of TSMR Feat IEMs and am currently listening to them at work.

My first impression is for $239 mid-fi earphones have come a long way in build quality over the years, because these shells feel completely smooth, solid & premium.

Even the 4.4mm cable seems like it wouldn't be out of place on a far more expensive IEM. Five years ago a package like this from an established brand would've cost closer to $1000 if not above it, which shows how early diminishing returns are kicking in these days.

Speaking of the shells, they're on the slightly larger side but are still very manageable & completely comfortable in my ears, sticking out a little but not too drastically. The faceplates have a siderweb blue pattern that looks better in person as it catches the light, and the cable's also fairly attention grabbing.

As for performance I want to burn them in first before doing a full review, but early impressions are they're quite bassy (big tick) with double DDs handling the low end. Twin DDs have been all the rage lately and it's easy to hear why - they can deliver tons of bass without excessively slow decay creating incoherency with BA drivers that handle everything else. It's a big deal because I listen to a lot of EDM these days and need something that won't struggle to keep up with fast, pounding beats.

I did a quick comparison with the crowd-favourite ISN Neo5s and there's definite similarities there, both being satisfyingly bass dominant & meaty. The Neo5s may be a little smoother & more refined while the Feats seem darker up top with a more forward midrange that's getting more of my attention.

Stay tuned for the review, in the meantime I hope you're having an awesome day enjoying whatever's in your ears. :smile:

May 7, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #100,693 of 102,103
Me whenever any user changes their avatar

8980A9A2-F455-4788-8359-F45E8FBA8FB9.jpeg
ughh i know, the pallas cat was adorable but a little too angry... silly batman is much more my vibe right now

1715055473779.png

May 7, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #100,694 of 102,103
You know, I just have a thought.

What if none of you are real? 😂

How do I know? Besides a handful headfier I have seen in real life, the rest of you, as good and interesting friends are you are, exist only within the screen of my phone. I type things in a box, a few hours later there are some bell notifications of response. All of this could be AI. Or a bot farm somewhere.

When you change a 128x128 picture, who know if you are you.

Anyhow

Dunu Falcon Ultra must be the safest recommendation currently. It’s like, if I have someone who has saved up some $$$ and wants a good IEM product (that means not just sound, but also packaging, build, accessories, etc, just a good product in general), Falcon Ultra is the recommendation. There would unlikely to be any bad surprise, given how vanilla this IEM is, and two sound signatures packed in the box.

May 7, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #100,695 of 102,103
You know, I just have a thought.

What if none of you are real? 😂

How do I know? Besides a handful headfier I have seen in real life, the rest of you, as good and interesting friends are you are, exist only within the screen of my phone. I type things in a box, a few hours later there are some bell notifications of response. All of this could be AI. Or a bot farm somewhere.

When you change a 128x128 picture, who know if you are you.
sounds like something an AI would say!
1715056559297.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back