Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
May 7, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #10,548 of 10,780
I have the mojo 2 from a few days and, maybe is a placebo effect, but even the sound of the grado rs2x, that to my ears sound "aggressive" with cheaper electronics, are less fatiguing. Is this the stigma of the chord signature?

Chord DACs are known for being neutral and extremely detailed without being bright or harsh. So, no it is not placebo--it is by good design.

May 7, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #10,549 of 10,780
I have the mojo 2 from a few days and, maybe is a placebo effect, but even the sound of the grado rs2x, that to my ears sound "aggressive" with cheaper electronics, are less fatiguing. Is this the stigma of the chord signature?
When I first started using the Mojo and then the Hugo 2, instruments that I used to find unlistenable such as trumpets (which used to sound screechy to me), suddenly began to sound musical to me.
That opened the door to Miles Davis, Coltrane, etc and jazz.
For me that is a key part of the Chord signature - instruments/music that I used to avoid, suddenly became enjoyable to listen to.

I sense that you are possibly experiencing something similar with your Grado.

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #10,550 of 10,780
The RS2x can take EQ really well, I have them and they as I might with other HPs I always come back to the RS2x

May 7, 2024 at 9:45 PM Post #10,554 of 10,780
Usually i don't use the eq, do you suggest any settings?
Depends on the music and the level I'm listening at. I first adjust the 125 band to taste and then adjust the other three to find a balance.125 is mid bass, bass drum and other bass instruments.

Another approach could be starting to cut at 3k and adjust the rest for balance from there.

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #10,555 of 10,780
I was just really curious, how does the mojo compare to like a astell&kern se180-sem4 akm, or a se200, sp2000 etc…

I love my se180 +sem4, but it is no tt2+mscaler.

I love the sound of my tt2+mscaler, but no idea what to expect from a mojo2? Does it sound similar? But less detailled?

May 8, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #10,558 of 10,780
I was just really curious, how does the mojo compare to like a astell&kern se180-sem4 akm, or a se200, sp2000 etc…

I love my se180 +sem4, but it is no tt2+mscaler.

I love the sound of my tt2+mscaler, but no idea what to expect from a mojo2? Does it sound similar? But less detailled?
In Darko’s review he compares mojo2 with the top A&K player and says he thinks mojo2 sounds better, but obviously doesn’t have the functionality.

May 8, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #10,559 of 10,780
Having been using my K7 briefly, it's by far yet to be burnt in, maybe 4 hours of use lol. and only using high gain in SE. And have been keeping an eye on the classifieds for a mojo 2 as the idea of a desktop mode and taking it home on weekends after weekday office use is appealing. will the mojo 2 play better than the K7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back