Core Power Technologies Equi=Core 300 cable/conditioner, are there any Head-Fi users?
Aug 7, 2016 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

KLH007

New Head-Fier
I'm using a CPT E=Q 300 power cable in my 2 channel system and I'm finding some very definite improvements, a lowering of the background noise so low level details are more audible, an expansion of the soundstage in all dimensions, more space between instrument positions and more air around each location you could call it a little more holographic sounding, and music has me feeling more relaxed and at ease making for effortless long listening sessions. I have a WW Matrix 6 outlet strip on the end of the output cord, and everything but my 2 Odyssey Kismet monos plugged in to the strip. I don't have any headphone experience myself, but I do know low level noises are more apparent,and bothersome through headphones, so I was wondering if any headphone listeners have tried the CPT E=Q cables? 
      The way these cables eliminate noise without crushing dynamics is a simple, but special transformer, without any complex circuitry that seems to be the issue with some other power conditioners. As I understand it, the transformer splits the 120V into 2 60V out of phase legs, uses ground to drain away noise, and re-combines the 2 legs into a balanced noise free 120V AC source. My 300 has a Comet DAC, CD Transport, server, cable box and TV plugged in, in a desktop system the smaller 150 (watts) might be enough, and at $599 not that expensive. Has anyone on Head-Fi tried one of these?

Aug 19, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm really surprised no one has tried one of these E-Q 330s, especially since noise is more noticeable through headphones, and a blacker background would be welcomed.

May 20, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #4 of 7
The EQUI=CORE 600 is due to arrive tomorrow.
Am looking forward to swapping out the PowerVar and Tripplite conditioners I currently have in place and (hopefully) hearing an improvement with the advent of the Core Power device.

May 21, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 7
The [5 amp, 600 watt] EQUI=CORE 600 is here!
A 40-hour break-in period is advised.
But already, about 8-10 hours in, I am hearing definite improvements in transparency, resolution, perception of openness, air and dimensionality [i.e. practically everything]. Dynamics, both macro- and micro-, are also much improved/enhanced. The music sounds/feels more "free" and "alive".
I kept the Tripplite as primary plug-in for the the Wyred4Sound Recovery, the USB Disruptor and the DAC. The TrippLite is plugged into the 600, as is my headphone amplifier.
So far I am quite impressed with the degree of betterment, especially given the price of the Core Power Technologies unit [currently on sale at Underwood HiFi].

https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/equicore

Last edited:
May 30, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #7 of 7
UPDATE:
The CablePro has definitely brought about performance improvements over-and-above the [outgoing] stock pc.
Am using the REVERIE power cord to feed the EQUI=CORE 600 and noticing an appreciably greater sense of openness/space, cleaner separation/imaging and overall quieter background.

The Flux-50 NCF, scheduled to arrive tomorrow, will go in between the EQUI=CORE 600 and the CablePro REVERIE.

Then just two more tweaks (and hopefully I'm done):

(1) a set of Synergistic Research MiG 3.0 Isolation Footers [beneath DAC] to complement the MiG 1.0 [beneath headphone amplifier]
(2) a Shakti Air stone [atop DAC] to complement the Shakti (original) stone [atop headphone amplifier]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back